Local Churches and
take the challenge to:
Include the Every
School Plan in your church's evangelism strategy?
Big Idea: Exposure to God's
heart for hurting people stirs compassion and motivates action. Matthew 9:36-38
- Is my church aware that 75% of those who trust
Christ do so by age 18?
- Does our church recognize that teenagers are
tremendously responsive to the gospel?
- Does our church have an evangelism strategy
that includes students on campus?
- Are we committed to loving students and
welcoming them into our church when they become believers?
- Is our church moved by compassion to deal with
the deeply personal needs of middle, junior high and high school students?
- If you are a para-church youth worker, are you
assisting your local church in reaching students, and involving new believers in a local
"Spiritual awakening does
not come like a lightning bolt out of the blue - normally a decade or so of preparation
precedes a major national revival." J. Edwin Orr
Commission committed Christian students as
missionaries to their school?
Big Idea: Commissioning
students publicly in a local church empowers them to do ministry. Acts 13:2,3
- Does the leadership in our church understand
and support the commissioning of students as missionaries?
- Have we found a way to provide ongoing
motivation and needed resources for students throughout the school year?
- Has our church set a time to publicly pray for
and/or commission students as missionaries?
Include the Every
School Plan in your prayer life, giving and programming?
Big Idea: Our use of time,
talent and treasure demonstrates what we are dedicated to. Matthew 6:21
- Are we including student evangelism and
outreach to schools within our church prayer life?
- Does our church publicly pray for students and
schools on a regular basis?
- How much of our financial resources are
invested in reaching students and schools?
- Are we praying for local and national
officials who make decisions regarding values and religious freedom on campus?