||How to Start Campus Prayer Groups
"Prayer is the fire which fuels the
doing of the ministry, the winning of students to Christ, the building of them in Christ,
and the sending of them to their world for Christ. The hotter the furnace glows, the
greater the ministry and impact for the Savior on campuses and around the world
becomes." Dan Hayes
1. The Process
- Challenge other students to help provide
- Find a place and set a time
- Gather students to pray
- Implement the strategy
- Challenge the students involved to start
2. Do It!
Here are some suggestions for an upbeat
- Present, or appoint someone to present, a
five minute devotional to begin the prayer time.
- Allow five minutes for sharing answers to
prayer and prayer requests (keep a record of these)
- Allow approximately 15-20 minutes for prayer.
The meeting should last only 20 to 30 minutes. Praying for personal needs is
important, but be sure you spend a significant part of your time praying for others.
- Emphasize praise and thanksgiving as well as
|From Somethings Happening
USA © Call 800.699.4678