My Missionary Commitment to God
and My School
1. I will pray each day that God will open doors for campus ministry.
"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains" (Colossians 4:2-3).
"Finally, brothers, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you" (2 Thessalonians 3:1).
2. I will pray that Christians will take a stand and witness for Christ.
"He told them, The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field" (Luke 10:2).
"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel" (Ephesians 6:19).
3. I will pray for the leadersstudents, principals, teachers, and coaches.
"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness" (1 Timothy 2:1-2).
"Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man" (Nehemiah 1:11).
4. I will pray for the burnouts and hard cases on campus.
"Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession" (Psalm 2:8).
5. I will bind and cast down strongholdshumanism, meism, materialism, secularism, religions, dividing spirits.
"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in My name, there am I with them" (Matthew 18:18-20).
"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete" (2 Corinthians 10:3-6).
6. I will schedule a day of fasting and prayer each fall or each semester.
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14).
7. I will encourage others to identify themselves as Christians on campus and establish a standard for how a Christian lives. (Youre either a missionary or a mission field.)
"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile" (Romans 1:16).
8. I will organize or participate regularly in a Christian meeting.
"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one anotherand all the more as you see the Day approaching" (Hebrews 10:24-25).
9. I will give a witness to at least one person per day.
"Then Jesus came to them and said, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age" (Matthew 28:18-20).
10. I will love all Christians, regardless of denomination.
"By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another" (John 13:35).
11. I will be filled with the Spirit of God.
"Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit" (Ephesians 5:18).
12. I will use the classroom, extracurricular involvement, and other activities as a platform to share Christ.
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect" (1 Peter 3:15).