What is the
- We often hear the term Great
Commission," but do we know what it means?
- The Great Commission refers to the last and
one of the most important commands Jesus gave to His disciples. These words of Jesus are
found in Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15 and Luke 24:47.
- The Great Commission is Christs command
to reach everyone, everywhere in the world. It means that every person, whether on our
campus or in another nation, should have the opportunity to say "yes" to Christ.
- The Great Commission is at the heart of God
Our Fathers love for the world: "For God so loved the world that He gave His
only son . ." (John 3:16).
- The Great Commission also means that everyone
who believes in and receives Christ has an opportunity to be discipled and trained in
- The Great Commission is going to be
completed, and when it is, then Christ will return (Matthew 24:14).
- Every Christian is to be involved in helping
fulfill the Great Commission.
Here are three reasons why:
1. Because of our love for the Lord.
"If anyone loves me He will obey My commands" (John
2. Because of the Great Commissions
incredible clarity. Jesus was very
clear with us: Go everywhere, tell everyone.
3. Because people everywhere are spiritually
starving and lost.
We have been called by God to be
strategically involved in the Great Commission. It begins first in our home, then our campuses, our
cities, our nation, and the world.
|From Somethings Happening
USA © Call 800.699.4678